Feature Pack - iSCSI (SAN) Active-Active Failover
How does it Work?
- This feature enables you to simultaneously run volumes in the active mode on two nodes - providing high availability of data.
- If one node fails, the other one takes over automatically and all application services continue to run without interruption.
- Once the failed node is available again in the resource pool, the storage administrator can move the activity of selected volumes back to the node of choice.
Thanks to the Active-Active functionality, overall cluster performance is improved since the read, write and replication traffic can be balanced on both nodes. Within just a few minutes, you will have up to several hundred gigabytes available on your network – without much effort and no downtime.
Active-Active Automatic Failover for iSCSI is a crucial Data Storage functionality used for:
- High Availability,
- Cloud Storage,
- Storage for Virtualization,
- Business Continuity,
- and many more.
Open-E DSS V7 Active-Active Cluster Advantages
- Doubles your overall performance in most of the configurations. You just need to set it up right.
- Eliminates a Single Point of Failure by configuring Active-Active clusters without shared (common) discs. Thanks to this, your data is more secure.
- Self-Validation of the system! When starting a cluster, DSS V7 checks all critical settings on each node, including: (SCSI IDs, tasks, ping notes, configurations, resource pools, auxiliary paths, and more). This way, clusters can’t be started if they were configured wrong.
- Cluster security is improved by the ability to configure as many Auxiliary paths as many network connections you have.
- Increased sensibility for network Failures, thanks to the possibility of configuring Ping Nodes
- Speeds up networking connectivity, since I/O traffic is equally balanced on two nodes.
- Fully utilizes all processing power on both cluster nodes.
- Eliminates waste of hardware resources by providing more efficient usage.
For your convenience, we have radically simplified the iSCSI failover configuration and added helpful status icons in Open-E DSS V7. Now, administrators will be able to easily navigate the software and use Active-Active Automatic Failover for iSCSI.
Moreover, our research team noticed many missing functionalities when comparing Open-E’s DSS V7 Active-Active Automatic Failover for iSCSI with our competitors.
These disadvantages included:
- DNS required for auxiliary communication,
- no option to configure ping nodes,
- only 2 Auxiliary connections could be configured or only one big single point of failure (shared storage array) is used.
Why should you choose Open-E's Active-Active software?
It turns out that other offerings can give you Active-Active solutions OR offer a reasonable price and configuration, but very few can deliver BOTH at the same time. And that’s precisely what our Open-E DSS V7 does. It provides superior performance, security, and scalability at a fraction of the cost of alternative storage solutions. The flexible design of Open-E DSS V7 enables organizations of all sizes to create effective iSCSI solutions that can adapt to and meet the simplest or the most complex storage needs.
Automatic Active-Active Failover functionality for iSCSI Volumes can only be purchased with Open-E DSS V7. Try it for yourself!
PricingChange Currency to: EUR Change Currency to: USD
|Feature Pack - iSCSI (SAN) Active-Active Failover||US$ 1680.00|
Videos & Webinars
Open-E DSS V7 Active/Active iSCSI Failover SetupAll videos & webinars »